BEGINNINGS The current Keezletown Schoolhouse was dedicated in early April 1917 amid much fanfare. The Harrisonburg Elks Lodge presented a silk American Flag to the new school during a patriotic flag-raising ceremony that included a band, a contingent of local Confederate veterans, and a noon picnic for all. The new building would be home to students from 1st grade through one or two years of high school instruction.
PROGRESS In 1934 the school became an accredited four year high school after the addition of four new classrooms and an auditorium at the back of the building. For many high school students in the 1940s and 50s this building witnessed their coming of age. From here graduates would embark on their lives; many staying in Keezletown, others pursuing higher-education and some entering the fight of World War II.
EXPANSION Due to growth in the area, KHS Class of 1950 moved to their new home in Montevideo High School. Keezletown School became solely an elementary school at that time. In the 60’s a three room addition was added at a cost of $36,800 and in the mid-70’s, the building was completely renovated.
RENEWAL Redeemer joined their history with that of Keezletown School when they revitalized the building with their presence in 2008. Redeemer started with 15 students and now enrolls 130 students. We're looking forward to continuing the life of this place.
"The blessings of this school are far too numerous to count and go far beyond any physical aspect of the school. Yet this the school, in such a beautiful setting beneath Massanutten Peak, sets one’s mind toward the glory of creation and all the wonders it holds."